Dave Walens is President of Exploring, Inc., the parent company of several unique, trailblazing Atlanta-based companies supporting the event, tradeshow, experiential, and entertainment industries.
Exploring operates a 150,000 square-foot fabrication facility providing a uniquely wide scope of capabilities and supported by a highly experienced, versatile and talented team of metal fabricators, sculptures, artists, carpenters, painters and printers. The rapidly growing company was founded in 1999 and includes ID3 Group, Chisel 3D, Atlantis Waterjet, Brumark, Shelmarc Carpets, and GCI Graphics. Exploring was named to the Inc. 500 / 5000, Inc. magazine’s annual list of the fastest-growing private companies in America, in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014 and 2016.
Dave has over 30 years of experience running businesses in the exhibit and event industry. His ability to think creatively yet strategically and his unwavering commitment to customer service have enabled him to assist numerous companies in creating and managing their tradeshow and event objectives, developing effective strategic programs, and implementing award-winning solutions. He has extensive experience in exhibit design and construction, from exhibit systems to custom exhibits, event fabrication, graphic production and project management.
This experience, combined with in-depth industry knowledge and expertise, enables Dave to assist companies in reaching their strategic tradeshow and event marketing objectives as efficiently and effectively as possible.
David is also a strong advocate within the industry through membership and involvement with associations and with local and national charities such as:
- Exhibit Designers and Producers Association (EDPA) Executive Board Member for seven years
- EDPA Board Member from 2004 – 2013
- EDPA Foundation Chair from 2005 – 2013
- EDPA Ambassador of the Year – 2007
- Exhibit 4 Smiles Executive Committee Member
- Exhibition Services & Contractors Association Member
- International Association of Exhibitions & Events Member
- Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau Member
- KSU Entrepreneurship Center Executive Advisory Council Member
- Cobb Chamber
- CEO Netweavers
Matt Kelly is COO of Exploring, Inc. Connect with Matt on LinkedIn.